I enjoy corporate and commercial work because the work involves a common objective that both sides want to achieve. This means I can work with the other team in a cooperative rather than confrontational way. However, if the going gets tough then I will be uncompromising on behalf of my client. I am keen to see that my clients get what they want in the best possible timescales.
Peter was born in York (1956) and educated at Bootham School, York. He qualified as a solicitor in 1981 and practised in London for 4 years in a specialist commercial shipping practice.
Peter returned to York and in 1985 became a partner in the solicitors firm (now) Ware & Kay.
He specialises in company and commercial work which includes banking work on the panel of 2 commercial lenders. He has a wide and varied experience in company and commercial work both nationally and internationally.
His experience includes employment law and he therefore also assists the employment team particularly in cases involving TUPE.
Peter has been appointed as trustee of a number of trusts including on-going trusts involved in commercial property, arable farming and intensive livestock rearing.
His experience also includes commercial property leasing, and management of commercial and residential property.
Peter is the Senior Director of Ware & Kay.
Peter's work in the business community has included:
- Membership of the Private Sector Members Group of the former Yorkshire Tourist Board.
- Director of York City Centre Partnership Limited.
- Director of the York & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce from 2001 to 2009.
- President of the York and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce 2006 to 2008.
- Welcome to Yorkshire Tourism Ambassador.
- Director of York Business Week C.I.C.
- 2008 to 2013 Chair of York Economic Partnership.
- Vice President of the Yorkshire Law Society 2015/2016.
- Past President of the Yorkshire Law Society 2016/17.
Peter's leisure interests include supporting his children's sporting activities, skiing, cycling, golf and competing in triathlons.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct Dial: 01904 716025