We offer financial advice through Ware & Kay Financial Services Ltd, which is our separate Independent Financial Adviser firm.
Before providing advice we will assess your personal and financial circumstances, and your objectives. We review any existing investments or insurance you have and make recommendations for improvements or cost savings. If new financial products are required, we would select those most suitable for you from the whole of the market.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Long-term care planning - Arranging finance for later-life care is an area where we have particular expertise. We can guide you through the complexities of investment, tax and local authority rules, including the changes being introduced by the Care Act 2014.
- Investment planning - Conditions continue to be difficult for many investors, with very low interest rates and volatile investment markets. We can help you make the most of your savings by arranging a suitable mix of investments and deposit accounts to reflect your objectives, your agreed risk profile and your tax position.
- Inheritance Tax planning - An increasing number of people are being drawn into the Inheritance Tax net because the starting point for the tax has not kept up with inflation. However, it is possible to reduce or eliminate the potential tax bill by making the best use of available reliefs and exemptions.
- Pension planning - The government incessantly changes the rules applying to pensions. Some of the tax benefits have recently been tightened up whilst at the same time it is proposed to allow people greater freedom to access their accumulated pension pots. We can help you to make the right decisions so that you have the best prospect of a comfortable retirement.
- Workplace pensions - Nearly all businesses in the UK will be affected by the reform of workplace pensions, which is being introduced between 2012 and 2018. All employers must have a qualifying workplace pension scheme for their employees and automatically enrol everyone into it. They must also make at least the minimum specified contributions. We can help you to put a scheme in place and develop procedures to ensure you comply with the new obligations.
- Life and health insurance - We can provide cost-effective, individually tailored solutions to protect you or your family in the event of illness or death. Life insurance in particular is often cheap to arrange and can offer peace of mind for a small monthly outlay.
- Equity release - Raising cash by releasing equity from your home is usually seen as a last resort but it can be a useful tool where other options are limited. Releasing equity is essentially a once and for all decision so it is important that you understand all the implications and select the right plan.
- Employee, partner and shareholder protection - You can protect your business against the death or ill-health of key participants, making it easier to bring in new people and rearrange ownership.
An initial discussion is free of charge and can be held at our offices or at your home. Following the initial meeting, we would issue an engagement letter and terms of business which confirm the services we are to provide and the costs involved.
Owen Thomas and Nick Wardle make up our team of independent financial advisers and between them have more than 25 years' experience advising individuals, families, businesses and trustees.
Ware & Kay Financial Services has been awarded the Chartered Firm status by the Chartered Insurance Institute demonstrating our commitment to an overall standard of excellence and professionalism in all our dealings with clients.
Owen and Nick have expertise in all areas of financial planning and offer the highest standard of advice.