York Teaching Hospital Charity Make a Will Week
Why make a Will
Only one in three of us will make a Will. By putting our affairs in order, regardless of how big or small they are, you can give security to your loved ones and make things easier should the worst happen.
Having a Will ensures you decide who inherits your estate and personal belongings. You can appoint Executors to look after your affairs
How does Make a Will Week work?
We have generously offered to give both our time and expertise to write your Will in exchange for a donation to support York Teaching Hospital Charity.
It's really simple to take part:
- Contact us between 8th and 12th October, 2018 to make an appointment. Be sure to mention York Teaching Hospital Charity Make a Will Week.
- After you make the appointment you will receive some information from us about what to bring with you.
- At your first appointment we will discuss your intentions and then your Will.
- You will need a second appointment within 6 weeks of the first to approve, complete and sign your Will*.
There is no fixed charge from us** for writing your Will however, we ask that you support York Teaching Hospital Charity with a donation in return for the time donated by us.
*Please note we may charge a fee for our time if you don't arrange a follow-up appointment and complete your Will within the 6 week timescale.
** Some charges may apply to more complex Wills.
Support now, make a donation
Depending on the type of Will you need, the time to draw it up will vary. We suggest the following amounts:
- £130 for a new Will
- £220 for a pair of mirror Wills
Your payment will be taken by us at one of your appointments.
Support in the future, leave a legacy
A legacy will help to ensure we can continue to care for your local hospital in the future. It can be as large or small as you like; you could leave a set amount, a percentage of your estate or simply what is left once your family and friends have been taken care of.
Please call 01653 692247 to make your appointment and speak to one of our team Emma Elwess, Lynne Smith or Laura Carter.