Malton - 01653 692247
York - 01904 716000
Wetherby - 01937 583210
Malton 01653 692247
Repossession of Residential Property

Repossession of Residential Property Solicitors Malton, Wetherby & York

You may need to repossess a property if you are owed mortgage or rental money, or perhaps you need to sell the property and cannot get access.

How can I gain repossession of a residential property?

There are several routes you can take:

  • Try to resolve the situation through mediation or without going to court first
  • Serve a notice of seeking or requiring repossession
  • Make a repossession claim
  • Go through a repossession hearing
  • Apply for a warrant of repossession

For more information on how we can help, contact us on 01653 692247 .

When may I need to gain repossession of my residential property?


You may find that you have tenants who are not paying rent or rent has built up in arrears. Sometimes it is beneficial to try speaking with your tenants before taking legal action, but we know this can not always be possible. Tenants may be engaging in anti-social behaviour, which is disrupting the neighbours or damaging the property. It is important that any action you take does not put yourself in danger. 

We are able to assist with all concerns relating to tenants. 

Other occupiers

Occupiers with permission to be on your property will need to be given sufficient notice when you need to evict them. 

We can also assist with all concerns relating to other occupiers that do not have permission  to be there, like trespassers and squatters. These occupiers may enter your property when you are not there which can be a very traumatic situation. 

Contact our Repossession of Residential Property Lawyers today

We suggest that you seek advice as early as possible to ensure that you have options available.  

To find out how our team can help you gain possession of your residential property, contact us today on 01653 692247 or complete our online enquiry form.